There’s plenty of ideas fizzing around, so this is somewhere for me to “park” them for a while. I’ll keep adding & updating throughout 2013 to capture the many tangents I ponder on – it’s really a “note to self” kind of page.
- Mobile libraries – go where the people are
- Mentoring schemes – outside/inside professional schemes September 2013
- Ask your users to be your staff – active recruitment for the staff you want to have in your library
- Training & Development – in-house vs. outsourced, grow the team you want to have
- Professional Development – take responsibility for your own PD March 2013
- Transferable skills – crossing over the library/GLAM sector March 2013
- non-library PD – look outside the sector for inspiration March 2013
- one public library card for all – NZ is small, why not work together? January 2013
- no more Dewey & outdated LC subject headings – so many limitations, what is the alternative? MSH shows a new way to provide meaningful access.
- GLAM Slam
- marae = library
- NZSL/Te Reo Māori – promoting official languages February 2013
- Family History – courses, professional development, NZSG, uni courses
- Children’s & Young Person’s Literature – growing the talent base of CYP Librarians, public & school
- New Librarians & New Professionals March 2013